Chevy Volt Electric Vehicle Guide
BATTERY SAVING TIPS
WHERE TO FIND CHARGING STATIONS
click image to download a .pdf of the Chevy Volt Electric Vehicle Guide
Disconnect the Power Cable
- Push the trigger on top of the cable grip.
- Pull the connector out of the car’s socket.
- Return connector to charging station receptacle and close charge port door on the car.
- With foot on the brake, push the blue power button (right of steering wheel).
- Check the battery and fuel gauges on the left side of the instrument panel to make sure you have enough power and fuel to drive the vehicle.
- Shift into gear.
- Push electronic parking brake switch to release brake (right of gear shift).
- If the battery is charged, the Volt will run on electricity for up to 35 miles. After the battery is depleted, the engine will start automatically (car will be powered by gasoline).
- The Volt has a “hill holder” feature. Set the parking brake (pull) while stopped and in “Drive.” Then just step on the accelerator when you’re ready to go.
- With foot on the brake, move gear selector to the Park position.
- Pull up electric parking brake switch, then release your foot from the brake. The parking brake symbol will light up in the instrument panel.
- Turn the car off by pressing the blue power button.
RETURNING AND CHARGING:
- Turn vehicle off.
- Push the charge port door release button (inside driver’s side door).
- Use ChargePoint card (in the visor) to activate the charge station by holding it over the charge station.
- Plug charging cable into port located on the left front fender. Make sure plug clicks and charging station beeps.
BATTERY SAVING TIPS:
- Consider the distance of your trip and make sure your round trip is within the range of the vehicle–or plan a stop to re-charge during your reservation.
- Maximize the range of the vehicle: drive at reduced speeds, accelerate and brake gently, minimize your use of climate control, and avoid hilly routes.
- Always plug the vehicle into the charging station when you return it to its home Pod.
WHERE TO CHARGE:
- A charge station at home Pod or commercial stations throughout the Bay Area. It will take 2-3 hours to fully charge a depleted battery.
- A standard 120V house current (3-prong plug), using the portable charging cable located in the trunk under the lift-up floor.
WHERE TO FIND CHARGING STATIONS:
> PlugShare (lists all charging stations including private homes that are willing to share)
> ChargePoint (lists only ChargePoint charging stations)